Friday, December 31, 2010

Bistro Moncur in Woollahra

This is an absolute favourite of mine and I keep going back as the food is always good and the service excellent. Although it is attached to a pub it has a great ambiance about it and the chef Damien Pignolet is well known and an icon in Sydney. I had the pleasure of going their just before xmas for lunch and if you do not already know you are unable to book so first in best dressed. I seem to always have the same entree as there is nothing like it anywhere else. I have the Blue swimmer Crab and sweetcorn Omelette with Beurre Noisette, which is very light and rich in taste, its one of those dishes that you do not wish to finish. For a main I have the Sirloin Cafe De Paris done medium rare. For dessert I have the Eve's Chocolate cake which has a story of its own. Apparently Damian wanted the recipe for the cake but Eve would not supply it until she wanted one of his so they swapped recpies and now we have the benefit of a wonderful dessert. The wine list is also good and worth having a browse. I rate this an 8/10 as I am yet to have a bad meal here over many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment